Potato 1 Large, steam
Carrot 1 Large, steam
Beet root 1 Large, steam
Cilantro leaves 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped
Onion 1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped
Yellow mustard seeds 1 Tablespoon, ground
Garlic 1 Tablespoon
Cumin powder 1 Teaspoon
Paprika 1 Teaspoon
Soy sauce 1 Teaspoon
Salt 1 Teaspoon
Soy flour/Oats, wheat flour, chickpea flour 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Olive oil 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) ((for forming hot dogs. Steaming and for frying hot dogs))
Water 1 Bottle (1 l)
Hot dog buns 2 , sliced in half
Mustard sauce 1 Teaspoon
Ketchup 2 Tablespoon
Pickled cucumber 2 Tablespoon
1. In a food processor, add all the steamed vegetables, cilantro, onion, yellow mustard, garlic, cumin powder, paprika, soy sauce and salt. Blend well until the mixture is smooth.
2. Add in the flour and blend again. The texture should look like a dough. Transfer the mixture into a bowl.
3. With well oiled hands, start forming cylindrical shaped hot dogs from the blended mixture. Transfer the formed hot dogs onto a plate.
4. In a steamer, add water. Place the steaming basket and oil it well to avoid the hot dogs from sticking to the basket.
5. Arrange the hot dogs into the steaming basket and close the lid. Place the steamer on the stove on medium high heat and steam it for about 15 –. 20 minutes. Once done, transfer from the steamer onto a plate.
6. In a pan on medium heat, add oil and place 2-3 steamed hot dogs and cook them on both sides until they turn brown and crisp.
7. In a plate, place the sliced hot dog burger. Add 1 fried hot dog in the center and place a few slices of bell pepper and onions on the side. Dress the hot dog with mustard sauce and ketchup.